ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Raena Rice is a U.S. based flight attendant and the creator of stationary brand IAL365. Her planners and coloring books are made with diversity in mind, including travel lovers from all walks of life. Each planner is prefaced with resources for mental health and manifestation best practices, and each coloring book features intersectional characters with unique stories.
Find the full episode transcript here: Episode 5 Transcript
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
JOURNALING PROMPTS — EXPAND THE CONVERSATION
- What spaces have you been held responsible to protect and how have you kept them safe?
- What is your relationship to assertiveness?
- How has being a nomad changed your perspective of taking the lead?
- What emotions are surfacing as states and countries begin to fully reopen?
Join us each month for a live journaling sesh with our NATI Hosts on Instagram Live. Follow our Instagram @nomadsattheintersectionspod for announcements.
SPONSORS & DISCOUNT CODES
- Gnomad Home: A free online resource jam-packed with information to help you: choose, build, and live out of your van or camper for any type of budget or nomadic lifestyle.
- BetterHelp: Use code NOMADS to get 10% off your first month.
🎵 S1E5 NATI 📻 — Raena🎵
POINTS OF INTEREST
IAL365 Stationary— Fly safe. Vibe High.
Book — Stars in the Sky: Stories of the First African-American Flight Attendants
USA TODAY — #VanLife takes off during COVID-19 as Americans Convert Vans for a Life on the Road
MENTIONED IN PASSING
“Martin Luther King said he felt like a human being in Jamaica.”
Jamaica Observer Article — In Jamaica, I feel like a Human Being
Jamaica Observer Article — Dr Martin Luther King Jr affected by Jamaican visit
“Hopefully, the borders will open soon.”
VICE Article — Canada-US Border Not Opening Anytime Soon
Mexperience Article — Mexico-US Land Border Restrictions Continue Until at Least April 21st
“Those girls used to stay with us in the hotel in Paris.”NPR Article — Ethiopian Officials Say Faulty Boeing Software Played Role In Deadly 737 Max Crash