ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Bree (they/them) is a 20-something year old wanderer, wonderer and creator. They live in Hottie, their renovated vintage RV with their two giant dogs, and fill their time with hiking, photography, writing & imagining a world without white supremacy.
Find the full episode transcript here: Episode 2 Transcript
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
JOURNALING PROMPTS — EXPAND THE CONVERSATION
- How do you react when your beliefs and ideas are challenged?
- People from the LGBTQIA2S+ community are often required to Out themselves in society; even if it endangers them. In a world so obsessed with labels, describe yourself without yours.
- What changes can you make in your daily life to avoid being unintentionally exclusive?
- Has being nomadic made you more or less empathetic of other people’s experiences?
Join us each month for a live journaling sesh with our NATI Hosts on Instagram Live. Follow our Instagram @nomadsattheintersectionspod for announcements.
SPONSORS & DISCOUNT CODES
- Gnomad Home: A free online resource jam-packed with information to help you: choose, build, and live out of your van or camper for any type of budget or nomadic lifestyle.
- BetterHelp: Use code NOMADS to get 10% off your first month.
🎵 S1E2 NATI 📻 — Bree🎵
POINTS OF INTEREST
Podcast— How Billionaires Made Off Like Bandits Amid Global Pandemic, Recession
IGTV— A Love Letter to Trans People
Podcast— Bianca Devins & Trauma Porn Culture
Blog article— I Cant Breathe
YouTube— Hottie, the (not) Van Tour
MENTIONED IN PASSING
How Bree’s RV Got the Name “Hottie”
“We see a lot of queer-phobia and it gets violent!”
Vox article— Black Trans Women Beat Up by Dozens of Men
“Requiring people to Out themselves.”
ACLU— Outing Youth
“Mis-gendering sucks a lot!”
Instagram— International Pronouns Day
“Black Power— The Politics of Liberation in America”
by Kwame Ture & Charles V. Hamilton
“Are Prisons Obsolete?”
by Angela Y. Davis