ABOUT OUR GUEST
Wynnē Weddell is a member of the Ihanktonwon Nation ( Yankton Sioux) specializing in beaded adornments, using her platform to raise awareness on environmental & social justice issues being faced in BIPOC communities. She is passionate about environmental advocacy, cultural reclamation, all things rainbow, and working towards a more sustainable future. #LANDBACK
Find the full episode transcript here: Episode 1 Transcript
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
“Dear settler state, we will continue to dismantle you until Black liberation and Indigenous sovereignty are realized” — @melaninmvskoke
JOURNALING PROMPTS — EXPAND THE CONVERSATION
- Acknowledging Indigenous Peoples is important; what does that look like in your travels going forward?
- What did your elders teach you that you still carry with you everyday?
- Culture is a very personal experience to the people who create it; what is your experience with cultural appropriation?
- As our relationships with nature evolve, what are you receiving from the land and what are you giving to it in return?
Join us each month for a live journaling sesh with our NATI Hosts on Instagram Live. Follow our Instagram @nomadsattheintersectionspod for announcements.
🎵 NATI Vibes 📻 — S1E1 Playlist🎵
Amplify Native Voices
- Indigenous Futures
- The Red Nations
- Warrior Life
- Missing and Murdered
- Not Invisible: Native Women on the frontlines
- All My Relations
Show Up for Native Activists
Movements require visibility, momentum and follow-through. Indigenous Peoples are fighting for their land back, accountability of broken U.S. treaties, sovereignty, and the protection of their missing peoples and culture. They show up, day after day, and follow through on their demands and intentions. Their voices are clear when they speak about erasure and land stewardship. Visibility is where others can show up for the movements of Indigenous people through donations, amplification and literally showing up with their bodies for protests.
Follow this non-exhaustive list of activists and organizations to diversify your feed.