ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Leah Thomas (@greengirlleah) is an intersectional environmental activist and eco-communicator based in Southern California. She’s passionate about advocating for and exploring the relationship between social justice and environmentalism and is the founder of Intersectional Environmentalist – an organization working to dismantle systems of oppression in the environmental movement. She’s also the host of the brand new podcast Dismantled. Her recent quest for a hobby turned into a new business venture with the creation of The Greens Girl Co – an e-commerce website + resource dedicated to an intersectional and more equitable approach to the cannabis industry.
Find the full episode transcript here: Episode 3 Transcript
QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE
JOURNALING PROMPTS — EXPAND THE CONVERSATION
- What lessons will you carry with you from 2020?
- Recall an early memory where you saw yourself represented in a space you admired. How did that influence your nomadic journey?
- When you hear the word “radical,” what do you hear?
- Name the top five radical changes that you would immediately make to currently established systems.
Join us each month for a live journaling sesh with our NATI Hosts on Instagram Live. Follow our Instagram @nomadsattheintersectionspod for announcements.
SPONSORS & DISCOUNT CODES
- Gnomad Home: A free online resource jam-packed with information to help you: choose, build, and live out of your van or camper for any type of budget or nomadic lifestyle.
- BetterHelp: Use code NOMADS to get 10% off your first month.
🎵 S1E3 NATI 📻 — Leah🎵
TAKE THE PLEDGE
POINTS OF INTEREST
Resources— Intersectional Environmentalist
Podcast— Tricia Hersey on Rest as Resistance
Article— We Need to Talk About Sleep Deprivation in Black Communities
MENTIONED IN PASSING
“Take a nap?! This is not activism.”
Instagram account — The Nap Ministry
“Prison is slavery.”
Album — The Prison Industrial Complex, Angela Davis
“A federal Reparations bill, not a state one.”
Petition — Demand the Ceiling for Black Reparations